4-H activities are events that happen throughout the year and are offered to suit a variety of ages and interests. Some county-wide 4-H activities include camps, workshops, trips, judging contests, and county fair activities. See the following 4-H Activity Listing for more details on these events!
- Waupaca County 4-H Activity Listing (3 pages, 109 KB) Watch the 4-H Forecast for further details on these exciting, educational opportunities.
2018 UPCOMING 4-H ACTIVITIES:
- 4-H Club Officer Training – November 10, 2018 – Registration form: PDF WORD
- 4-H Display at the Waupaca Library
- Green Bay Packers Family Night – August 4, 2018 – Wisconsin 4-H Families Invitation Invitation – Wisconsin 4-H
- Countywide Youth Camp July 19, 2018, Waupaca County Fairgrounds, Any youth who has completed K-4th grade is invited. Registration is due by July 9th! Youth Camp 2018-ENGLISH Youth Camp 2018-SPANISH
- Super Saturday February 24, 2018 2018 Registration Form – Registrations due February 9th. Super Saturday 2017 Evaluation Online Evaluation
- 4-H Speaking Contest / Music, Drama, and Talent Contest – Sunday, April 22, 1018, Manawa High School
- 4-H Summer Camp – Junior Camp June 8-9, 2018 and Intermediate Camp June 13-15, 2018, registration due May
- Demonstration Contest
- 4-H New Family Orientation, March 2018, Manawa Elementary School
Arts & Communications Activities:
4-H offers a variety of projects and activities for members to pursue their individual interests and express their talents. Each spring Waupaca County hosts the 4-H Performing Arts Spectacular and Speaking Contest, which are opportunities that all members can take part in performing and showcasing their arts and communication interests. A statewide study revealed the impact of 4-H arts and communications programs which allow youth to gain communication and teamwork skills. Surveyed 4-H members shared that 4-H helped them improve their individual performance and creativity skills as well as gaining confidence in public speaking. 4-H alumni and older youth members will often reflect on their growth through public speaking experiences, demonstrations, holding officer positions, counselor opportunities, and emceeing events. These opportunities provide to be memorable occasions for members, while also possibly impacting their future career prospects. The Wisconsin State 4-H Website provides further information on statewide opportunities in the arts and communication project area.