4-H activities are events that happen throughout the year and are offered to suit a variety of ages and interests. Some county-wide 4-H activities include camps, workshops, trips, judging contests, and county fair activities. See the following 4-H Activity Listing for more details on these events!
- Waupaca County 4-H Activity Listing (3 pages, 109 KB) Watch the 4-H Forecast for further details on these exciting, educational opportunities.
2019 UPCOMING 4-H ACTIVITIES:
- 4-H Club Officer Training – TBD – Registration form: PDF WORD
- Countywide Youth Camp July 25, 2019, Waupaca County Fairgrounds, Any youth who has completed K-4th grade is invited. Registration is due by July 15th! Youth Camp 2019-ENGLISH Youth Camp 2019-SPANISH
- Super Saturday February 23, 2019
- 4-H Speaking Contest / Music, Drama, and Talent Contest – Sunday, March 31, 2019, Manawa High School
- 4-H Summer Camp – Junior Camp June 14-15, 2019 and Intermediate Camp June 9-11, 2019, registration due in May
- Demonstration Contest, Date TBD
- 4-H New Family Orientation, March 2019, Manawa Elementary School
Arts & Communications Activities:
4-H offers a variety of projects and activities for members to pursue their individual interests and express their talents. Each spring Waupaca County hosts the 4-H Performing Arts Spectacular and Speaking Contest, which are opportunities that all members can take part in performing and showcasing their arts and communication interests. A statewide study revealed the impact of 4-H arts and communications programs which allow youth to gain communication and teamwork skills. Surveyed 4-H members shared that 4-H helped them improve their individual performance and creativity skills as well as gaining confidence in public speaking. 4-H alumni and older youth members will often reflect on their growth through public speaking experiences, demonstrations, holding officer positions, counselor opportunities, and emceeing events. These opportunities provide to be memorable occasions for members, while also possibly impacting their future career prospects. The Wisconsin State 4-H Website provides further information on statewide opportunities in the arts and communication project area.