4-H activities are events that happen throughout the year and are offered to suit a variety of ages and interests. Some county-wide 4-H activities include camps, workshops, trips, judging contests, and county fair activities. See the following 4-H Activity Listing for more details on these events!
- Waupaca County 4-H Activity Listing (3 pages, 109 KB) Watch the 4-H Forecast for further details on these exciting, educational opportunities.
Countywide Day Camp “Summer Fun” Thursday, July 22, 4:45 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Camp will be held at the Fairgrounds in Weyauwega. Sponsored by Waupaca County 4-H. Any youth who has completed K—4th grade is invited.
- Day Camp Youth 2021 information and registration
- Day Camp Counselor 2021 information and registration
- 4-H is an opportunity to try new activities and learn new skills. If you’re looking for an idea to pass the time and want to try something new, check out the projects below. 4-H Friday will be created weekly with a variety of projects and skill levels highlighted each week. Please remember the social distancing and safer at home guidelines while doing these projects. If you would like to take a picture of you or your family doing one of these 4-H projects, feel free to email it to me at email@example.com with the subject line: 4-H Friday Photo and each family will be entered into a drawing at a later date for some special gifts! I may even ask for your permission to post a few on Facebook or our website/newsletter.
- December 11 November 20 November 6 October 23 October 9 September 25 September 11 August 28 August 21 August 14 August 7 July 31 July 24 July 17 July 10 June 26 June 19 June 12 June 5 May 29 May 22 May 15 May 8 May 1 April 24 April 17 April 10 April 3
University of Wisconsin-Madison – Wisconsin Youth Livestock – Division of Extension
- Livestock Lessons – Round 2 – Youth sought to showcase their ‘Livestock Lessons’. For more information click here!
VIP Training Zooms for New 4-H Leaders
- Are you a New 4-H Leader? To be recognized as a 4-H Volunteer you must complete the Volunteers in Preparation (VIP) Training. Zooms are being offered on March 22 and April 10. For more information on VIP Trainings click here!
Projects in a Box
Information – 4-H FAQs Related to COVID-19 / Wisconsin 4-H Webpage
1. What types of 4-H programs and activities are currently available for youth participation?
Virtual & Distance Programs are preferred.
- Examples include:
- Online experiences require us to follow the 4-H electronic Communication policy: https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/4h-ext/resources/wisconsin-4-h-policies/health-and-safety/
A few things to note are:
- Youth 12 and under need parental consent
- Youth 13 and older need parental notification
- Platform needs to be safe for young people and protect any personal information.
- An adult and young person may never be online together alone, a 3rd person must always be present.
UW-Madison, Division of Extension Waupaca County
Waupaca County Courthouse
811 Harding Street
Waupaca, WI 54981
Phone: 715-258-6230, ext. 3
Please note new email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Arts & Communications Activities:
4-H offers a variety of projects and activities for members to pursue their individual interests and express their talents. Each spring Waupaca County hosts the 4-H Performing Arts Spectacular and Speaking Contest, which are opportunities that all members can take part in performing and showcasing their arts and communication interests. A statewide study revealed the impact of 4-H arts and communications programs which allow youth to gain communication and teamwork skills. Surveyed 4-H members shared that 4-H helped them improve their individual performance and creativity skills as well as gaining confidence in public speaking. 4-H alumni and older youth members will often reflect on their growth through public speaking experiences, demonstrations, holding officer positions, counselor opportunities, and emceeing events. These opportunities provide to be memorable occasions for members, while also possibly impacting their future career prospects. The Wisconsin State 4-H Website provides further information on statewide opportunities in the arts and communication project area.
- Waupaca County 4-H Leaders Association
- 2021 GENEX Collegiate Scholarship (must be postmarked by Friday, April 2, 2021)