The Community Development Institute of Extension is Wisconsin’s educational network serving people and their communities in seeking positive change. Community Development programs share a common goal reflected in our commitment to meaningful issue identification, citizen engagement, and emergent solutions to solve complex issues. Our outreach programs, research and overall assistance involves capacity building for people, communities, and organizations that empowers them to take action together. Extension programs help Wisconsin communities identify possibilities and reach their potential.
Click on the arrows at the left for more details on the most recent focus areas for community development at Waupaca County Extension
- Leadership Waupaca County
- Custom Leadership, Innovation, Team Building, Communication, and Professional Development Workshops
- Vision/Mission Development and Strategic Planning
- Network Development and Social Network Analysis
- Stakeholder engagement and communications planning
- Social Connectedness
- Local Voices Network – Waupaca County
- Relationship Development for Collaboration and Collective Impact
- Public Engagement and Input Processes
- Grassroots/Collaborative Efforts
- Facilitation of Group Processes and Decision Making
About Waupaca County’s Community Development Extension Educator
Jessica Beckendorf joined Waupaca County Extension in 2014. She became passionate about communities and relationships while growing up as a military kid, moving frequently and living in communities of various sizes across the country. After obtaining her Bachelor of Arts in Urban and Regional Studies at the University of Wisconsin – Green Bay, she proceeded to work in just about every sector of community development – Geographic Information Systems, planning and zoning, and economic development. In 2014, Jessica finished her Master of Arts degree in Communication & Leadership Studies from Gonzaga University, and began her journey as an educator with the Extension where she seeks to bridge her community systems experience with interpersonal communications and relationship development to build social capital for more resilient communities.
For questions related to community, organizational, or leadership development, contact Jessica at: