Below are documents and links of interest related to agriculture. Click or tap the bold titles below to expand and collapse the sections.
- 2012-2018 Local & Statewide Cropland Value (pdf 137KB)
- A4090 Using Fungicides on Alfalfa for Dairy in WI (pdf 856 KB)
- Achieving Excellence in Dairying…Going Beyond 90 lbs/Cows by Dr. Gordie Jones (pdf19MB) *nearly 200 slides many with photos! This is a very large file.
- ALTERNATIVE TO ASH TREES (PDF 207 KB)
- Cost of Milk Production Calculator
- County Profile – 2017 USDA Ag Census fact sheet
- Cover Crop Mixes -Robison 2015 Waupaca (pdf 7MB)
- Crop Seed Price Calculator
- Economic Impact of Ag in Waupaca Co 2008-2017 (posted 1-6-19)
- Fertilizer Cost/Removal Calculator
- Genetically engineered Crops: Experiences and Prospects The National Academy of Science (NAS) four-page summary report released in May (2016) regarding genetically engineered crops, including implications for both plants and the environment, as well as human health. Also covers socio-economic and public policy implications.
- HOMEOWNER GUIDE TO EMERALD ASH BORER INSECTICIDE TREATMENTS (PDF 235 KB)
- IS MY ASH TREE WORTH TREATING FOR EMERALD ASH BORER_(PDF 304 KB)
- Pricing Corn Silage (pdf)
- Pricing Standing Hay (excel)
- Renting Cropland in Waupaca County, WI (posted 1-3-2020)
- Rural Health Initiative Program Overview and Service Area
- Rural Health Initiative website
- Standing Hay Price 2020
- Waupaca County Agriculture – Dec. 2019 (County Board presentation 12-17-19)
- WISCONSIN CUSTOM RATE GUIDE 2017 (pdf 1MB)
Agricultural Resources – General
- Farm Service Agency (farm loans, commodity/conservation programs)
- OSHA Recordkeeping
- Rain Simulator/Soil Run Off This 20 minute video of the was recorded at the 2016 Waupaca County Forage Council Fall Field Day. Demonstration by Lisa Neuenfeldt and Derrick Raspor with Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS).
- The Learning Store
- USDA Agricultural Web Sites
- WDATCP Home Page (legal advice, Farm Link, etc.)
- Crop Production Management Lecture Series (links to YouTube playlist)
- Crop Budgets and Market Plans in Low-margin Years
- Corn: Survive and Thrive on Low Price Projections
- Soybean Inputs that Deliver Highest ROI in a Low-Margin Year
- Fundamental Soil Fertility Strategies for Success, in Corn, Soybeans, and Small Grains
- Disease Management in Low Margin Years – Field Crops
- Managing Insects Economically Using Conventional Hybrids and Thresholds
- Practical Weed Management for Low Margin Years
- Tillage Considerations to Reduce Operational Costs
- Precision Ag Technology in Low-Margin Years
- Grain Management Considerations for Low-Margin Years (pdf 148KB)
- Economic Risk and Profitability of Seeding Rates for Field Crops
Optimal seeding rates for yield goals can help lower seeding cost and improve profits.
- Planting Equipment Calibration Resources
Ensures uniform seeding across all rows and ensures accurate seeding rates saving money by not using excess seed.