Opportunities include a variety of experiences geared towards older youth in the 4-H program. We hope you will take some time to consider these opportunities!
- Winter Camp, grades 7 and above, registration enclosed and due December 8 Registration Form
- 4-H Ambassador, grades 8 and above, application due January 4 (no cost to be an ambassador)
The following educational experiences have financial support provided by the 4-H Leaders’ Association, ½ of trip cost for a designated number of delegates for each experience.
- Wisconsin 4-H and Youth Conference, grades 7-10, application due January 4
- Leadership Washington Focus, grades 6-8, application due January 4
- Citizenship Washington Focus, grades 10-12, application due January 4
- National 4-H Congress, grades 10-12, application due January 4
For the opportunities that specify an application due January 4, applications will be available at Awards Night, Officer Training, at the Extension Office and online at https://waupaca.extension.wisc.edu/4-h-youth-development/4-h-program-topics/applications/ . Also check out the October/November 4-H Forecast that included a brochure insert about some of these experiences and approximate trip cost.
An interview makes up half of the selection for the educational experiences (not Winter Camp) and interviews will be held on Sunday, January 21. More information will be shared with any youth that complete applications.
Feel free to contact Penny at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Members of the Awards Committee would also be available to discuss the trips, give pointers on completing the application, and interview tips.