Portage County 4-H Market Animal Committee UW-Madison Trip – Saturday, April 23rd To register go to: https://tinyurl.com/UWMadisonTour
2022 Mandatory Meetings are coming up for members interested in potentially participating in the Large Market Animal Sale (beef, sheep, swine) Project and Auction. Each member or a family member/guardian must attend one of the following three meeting options (please note a change of date and location from the last 4-H newsletter).
- Tuesday, February 1st at 6:30 p.m. at the Weyauwega City Hall on Main Street in Weyauwega.
- Thursday, February 10th at 6:30 p.m. at the Lebanon Town Hall (N5844 Buelow Road, New London)
- Saturday, February 12th at 8:00 a.m. at the Weyauwega City Hall
2022 Tag Pick Up Meetings – The Large Market Animal Committee has 2 tag pick up meetings planned as drive thru events at the Fairgrounds. Check your large market rules for more details.
- April 2, 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at Waupaca County Fairgrounds
- April 21, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Waupaca County Fairgrounds
Large Market Animal Committee Meeting
- The next Large Market Animal Committee Meeting is Thursday, May 12, 6:30 p.m., at the Weyauwega Municipal Building on Main Street.
YQCA – Youth for Quality Control of Animals
- YQCA_MEMO_New Platform March 23, 2022
- MEMO – February 11, 2022
- Printing a certificate Each youth and YQCA instructor that has a current and valid certification will
need to download their certificate before March 23, 2022.
- 2022 Waupaca County Large Animal Scholarship – PDF – Fillable PDF Due March 15, 2022
- 2021 Scholarship recipients please email your 1st semester grades for proof of 2.5 GPA as well as your next semester schedule to Bobbie Jo Montgomery at email@example.com. to receive your scholarship check!
Large Market Animal Forms
- 2022 Rules & Regulations
- 2022 Buyers Brochure
- 2021 Waupaca County Large Market Animal Project ByLaws
- 2022 Educational Requirements Opportunities
- 2022 Education Requirement Worksheet
- 2021 Sale Day Procedure
- 2022 Waupaca County Large Market Selling Checklist
- Educational Verification Form Large and Small Market Animal Participants need to complete this verification form for each online or virtual learning option they choose for educational point purposes for sale participation. You are to turn these in with your educational requirement sheet to Bobbie Jo (Large Animal) and Crystal (Small Animal).
- YQCA Youth for Quality Control of Animals
- Waupaca County Fair Animal ID & Vet Check Information
Large Market Animal Committee Officers for 2022
- Chairperson – Craig Fietzer
- Vice Chair – Larry Shofner
- Past Chair – Mikayla Wehrle
- Secretary – Ann Wehrle
- Treasurer – Mark Handrich
- Education Committee Chair—Jen Erb and Bobbi Jo Montgomery
Attention Animal Project Members – If you are or are considering working with animals on somebody else’s property, please see the guidance in the attached document from Bernie O’Rourke, Extension Livestock Specialist; UW Madison Animal & Dairy Sciences and Division of Extension. Guidance for project members of animal projects housed at other locations. Guidance for project members of animal projects housed at other locations