2018 Large Market Animal Forms
- Rules and Regulations
- Educational Requirements
- 2018 Qualifying Activity Sheet
- Sale Day Procedures
- Buyer Brochure
- YQCA Youth for Quality Control of Animals 2019 YQCA Trainings Fact Sheet http://yqca.org/
- Waupaca County Fair Animal ID & Vet Check Information
YQCA (Youth for the Quality Care of Animals)
REMINDER: All youth who are planning to sell in the large market animal sale (beef, sheep, and swine) are required to complete Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) training this year. This can either be done in a face to face meeting or online. The two face to face meetings planned in Waupaca County are:
- April 9 at 6:00 p.m. at Manawa Little Wolf High School (OR)
- June 8 at 10:00 a.m. at Manawa High School
The cost to register is $3 for the face to face training and $12 for the online training. Youth will receive $3 back from the Large Market Animal Committee after verifying they completed the online course or after attending a face to face training. Members need to register online to choose the class they are attending and to get the completion certificate after training. Log into http://yqca.org . The goals of YQCA are to strengthen the youth educational experience, improve the care of food animals, and promote a higher level of consumer food safety.
2019 Large Market Animal Mandatory Meetings (Letter)
If members wish to participate in the Waupaca County Large Animal Sale (beef, sheep, swine), they must attend one of the mandatory meetings listed below. If the participant cannot attend, a parent or guardian MUST attend in their place. As stated in the 4-H enrollment guidelines, 3rd graders cannot sell in the large and small market animal sale.
Large Market Animal Mandatory Meetings have been scheduled for:
- Tuesday, February 5, 7:30 p.m. at the Manawa ELEMENTARY School (800 Beech St. Manawa)
- Saturday, February 9, 8:00 a.m. at Dairyland Animal Health Vet Clinic, (N2041 County Road F, Weyauwega)
If you plan to attend this meeting please RSVP to Penny at the UWEX office, 715-258-6230, ext. 3, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursday, February 14th, 7:30 p.m. at the Waupaca High School, (E2325 King Road) (Participants should park in the front of the school and the meeting will be held in the large commons as you enter the High School.)
Participants need to stay for the entire meeting. For the evening meetings, registration will begin at 7:00 p.m.; if you are not there by 7:30 p.m. your attendance will not be counted.
The Market Animal Activity Rules will be handed out at the meeting. Topics to be covered will include: Record Forms, Animal ID Procedure, Sale Promotion, Educational Activities/Requirements, and Rules & Regulations. Registration forms for each animal the youth wants to qualify for the Market Animal Sale will be handed out at the informational meeting. These registration forms will need to be completed at the meeting.
Large Market Animal Committees will also be discussed and explained at the meeting. A lot of tasks need to be accomplished for the sale and educational opportunities and the committee would encourage extra help for those duties. Committees include education, hospitality hour, sale, banquet committee, raffle, and more.
There will be NO weigh-ins for any species this year, however, there are weigh-in meetings you need to attend to pick up your animal tagging information:
- April 6th from 9-11:00 a.m. OR April 18th from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. Both meetings will be held at the W/F Middle School Library. More information will be shared during the mandatory meetings.
- Tuesday, February 5, 7:30 p.m. at the Manawa ELEMENTARY School (800 Beech St. Manawa) (1 of 3 mandatory choices)
- Saturday, February 9, 8:00 a.m. at Dairyland Animal Health Vet Clinic, (N2041 County Road F, Weyauwega) (1 of 3 mandatory choices)
- Thursday, February 14, 7:30 p.m. at the Waupaca High School, (E2325 King Road) (1 of 3 mandatory choices)
- April 6 from 9-11:00 a.m. at the W/F Middle School Library – pick up your animal tagging information meeting
- April 18 from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. at the W/F Middle School Library – pick up your animal tagging information meeting
- Large Market Animal Committee Meeting will be Thursday, May 16, 2019, at 6:30 p.m., at the Weyauwega City Hall
2018 Tagging dates for Large Market Animal Exhibitors/Swine Testing Supplies
Reminder: Tag-in meetings for large market animal exhibitors will be held:
April 7th from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. at Weyauwega Fremont Middle School Library and
April 19th from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. at the same location
Market Animal Tags will be handed out along with hair sample envelopes at this meeting. In addition, new testing requirements for pigs to be exhibited at the County Fair will be discussed (see next paragraph).
Swine Exhibitors: The State of WI now requires PRRS testing for all farms prior to the exhibition. Testing ropes will be handed out at both tag-in meetings in April (listed above) along with the written directions for using them. Only one test per premises need be done. The Committee will collect the rope tests on June 23rd from 9 am to 11 am at Dairyland Animal Health in Weyauwega. The cost is $35.00-$40.00. You can have your own veterinarian send it in for you if cannot drop it off on June 23rd. Dr. Shofner will be available to answer any questions at the Tag-In meetings in April.