The Waupaca County 4-H Dog Project has a closed group Facebook page. What does that mean? It means only the families enrolled in the project are in the group. It is for posting information, reminders, photos, etc…..anything related to the DOG PROJECT. Often times this is the fastest and easiest way to get information! It you aren’t a member, request to be one.
Documents and Forms
- 2022 Dog Project Informational Letter Please complete the form at this google link to let us know if you are or are not going to do dog training this summer. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScCfZ9TaC-w7kwG3Pu6xRpGx71Kx20C5H7993AFVz54xIAafw/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1&flr=0
- Waupaca County 4-H Dog Project Training Schedule
- Dog Project T-Shirt Order Form 2022 – These need to be mailed to Colleen (address on the form) or brought to the May 17 K-9 demonstration at the latest so shirts can be ordered
- Waupaca County 4-H Dog Project Constitution and Bylaws (updated-2019) – These are reviewed and updated (if needed) at the Organizational meeting. In March of 2019 these were updated to reflect the changes in website addresses, dates that the 4-H Charter is due, and the updated logo was added.
- Waupaca County 4-H Dog Project Rules (updated 2022) – These are reviewed and updated (if needed) at the Organizational meeting.
- 4-H Dog Project Enrollment Form – This form must be filled out completely AND your vaccination records must be turned in to our Project Secretary BEFORE your dog can be in class.
- 4-H Special agreement for showing non-owned dogs – Use this form if you have discussed with the key leader or head trainer if you are using a dog that isn’t owned by you the member.
DOG PROJECT FAIR JUDGING REMINDERS FOR SATURDAY, AUGUST 13, 2022
Fair judging: Saturday, August 13 at 8:30 am. Check in begins prior to 8:30 a.m. so exhibitors can be ready when their class begins.
Agility practice run through’s will begin at 8:30 a.m. (in the multi-purpose building show ring), with agility judging following Cloverbud Showmanship (which is in the red commercial building).
Showmanship judging will begin at 8:30 a.m. with Cloverbuds first for showmanship. Showmanship will continue after the break for agility judging and will be senior, intermediate, and beginner showmanship. Obedience judging will begin 10 minutes after showmanship awards are presented. We will begin with grad novice, novice, pre-novice A/B, and brace.
For graduation and fair – Dress like you are going to a nice event at school, church, etc.
What to bring: Your dog, your equipment (collar, leash, treats, etc.) and water for your dog. Saturday will be similar in length to Tuesday night so bring a chair, kennel, etc. If you plan to hang out around your car with your dog in it, keep an eye on ring schedule. ☺
Please bring a snack ready-to-share for FAIR.
This Saturday it is especially important to have families stay to help clean up. The whole ring needs to be picked up and the building swept, etc. Plan to stay if at all possible.
***Don’t forget to have your photo taken when you are finished with dog judging.***
Thank you for everybody’s cooperation and assistance!! Thank you also to all of the volunteers who helped in a variety of ways this year!!
2022 GRADUATION AND FAIR
Graduation will be TUESDAY, AUGUST 2 beginning at 6:30 p.m. (Cloverbuds – TBA) SHOWMANSHIP will be as follows: SENIOR Showmanship-INTERMEDIATE Showmanship-BEGINNER Showmanship-CLOVERBUD Showmanship!! Obedience will begin after showmanship awards have been presented! We will begin with the Pre-Novice A classes followed by Pre-Novice B, Novice, Grad. Novice and Brace.
Agility FAIR JUDGING and Obedience and Showmanship FAIR JUDGING will be SATURDAY AUGUST 13 at 8:30am. Run-through’s for agility will begin at 8:30 a.m. with agility JUDGING beginning at 8:45 am.
Obedience and Showmanship Judging will begin at 8:30 a.m. CLOVERBUD Showmanship will be first followed by Senior, Intermediate and Beginner Showmanship. Obedience judging will begin 10 minutes after Showmanship awards are presented. We will begin with Grad. Novice, Novice, Pre-Novice A/B and Brace.
Graduation and Fair Judging for Showmanship and Obedience will held the Fairgrounds in the YOUTH BUILDING!
Good luck to all — thank you for putting in the work to train your dogs this year!!
Score Sheets: These score sheets were approved at the April 2019 State 4-H Dog Project Leaders meeting. We be using these for Graduation and Fair.
Save the date for the WI 4-H State Dog Show – September 30th – October 2nd at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds. A huge thank you to Dane County Dog Project for hosting the shows. This will include all state dogs shows – agility, obedience, showmanship, and quiz bowl. More information will be coming about registrations and what will be held on which day.
The deadlines are strictly enforced, make sure to have your forms signed by the Key leader and Extension 4-H Educator (Penny Tank), vaccine records and everything filled out completely in time for mailing. Whenever possible, our project helps with the cost of the your entries. Please see Project Key leader regarding this.
2022 State Dog Obedience and Showmanship Show Information
- 2022 State Dog Obedience and Showmanship Show Information. The 2022 Wisconsin 4-H Dog Show will be hosted by Dane County at Jefferson County Fairgrounds on September 30 – October 2, 2022. 2022 State Dog Show Entry Book
- Resources for Dog Show Participants & Volunteers. The Dog Project Page includes lots of resources for obedience and agility training. Dog Obedience and Showmanship Show Guidelines and Rules
2022 Wisconsin State 4-H Dog Agility Show Rules and Entry guidelines
- The 2022 Wisconsin 4-H Dog Agility Show will be hosted by Dane County at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds
2022 State 4-H Agility Dog Show Registration Packet
2022 Rules & Guidelines
Resources for Agility Participants & Volunteers
- The Dog Project Page includes lots of resources for obedience and agility training.
In addition to the show information on these websites, there are a lot of good resources for members.