- Create a strategic plan for the Waupaca Community Garden growing season
- Recruit and manage volunteers and assist in their education to improve community involvement in the garden
- Oversee daily maintenance of the Thedacare site garden – Planting, weeding, harvesting, watering and delivery to donation sites
- Create awareness and promote communication through photos, social media, WDUX breakfast show, etc.
- Track garden outcomes, garden events and volunteer activities
- Amount of produce harvested and donated to each site
- Volunteer hours and contact info
- Photos and possibly some quotes from events hosted at the garden
- Organize and assist with initial set up and take down of garden at beginning and end of the season
- Organize and assist with delivery to: Waupaca Food Pantry, Bread Basket (Methodist Church) and Senior Nutrition Center (Trinity Lutheran Church).
- Plan and carry out at least 2 community education events to host at the garden during the season
- Manage small garden budget
- Garden Manager will report directly to Waupaca Community Garden Thedacare Site Coordinators, Bev Hall and Jami Bahr for questions on day to day operations, budget and schedule.
- Garden Manager will represent the garden at Living the Waupaca Way Coalition meetings, held monthly.
- All produce to be distributed will be weighed on garden scale and recorded in notebook (stored in shed onsite) and emailed to coordinators weekly for end of year report.
- Bi-weekly meetings with at least one coordinator to give a brief update and discuss daily operations, budget and any conflicts/shortcomings/problems.
Physical Requirements for Job
- Physical demands of general gardening: standing, bending, lifting for several hours at a time
- Be able to lift 25+ pounds
- Be able or willing to learn to operate an electric tiller to work soil
- Pay – $12/ hour.
- Hours will vary depending on the time of year – 10 hours/week on average. Flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the garden from week to week and the volunteer needs or events. Will discuss individually with applicants.
- General background/knowledge of gardening and or horticulture is preferred
If interested, please submit a resume to Christi Gabrilska at Christi.firstname.lastname@example.org