Wisconsin farm mangers and farm management professionals are invited to attend the semi-annual UW-Extension Farm Management Update for Ag Professionals on Friday, May 3rd at Liberty Hall in Kimberly. The day will begin at 9:30 and topics include:
- “Dairy Market Update & Outlook for 2019” – Bob Cropp, UW-Madison Dairy Marketing & Policy Specialist, Professor Emeritus.
- “WI Dairy Processor Prospective & Outlook” – Ted Galloway, Vice-President of Galloway Company and Member of the WI Dairy Task Force 2.0
- “New Extension Dairy Budgeting Spreadsheet Tool” – Kevin Bernhardt, Professor and Extension Farm Management Specialist, UW-Platteville and UW-Madison Center for Dairy Profitability.
- “Field Crop Updates” by Area Extension Agents
- “Tax Management – What We Learned About the New Tax Law” Mike Harer, Manager, Fox Valley Farm Management Association.
- “Farm Stress & Exit Planning Panel Discussion” – Carrie Sabel, Collins State Bank; Frank Friar, WDATCP Farm Center; JoAnn Maedke, Maedke Tax & Farm Accounting LLC; Troy Schneider, Attorney with Twohig, Schneider & Halbach, S.C
Cost, including the noon meal, is $40 per person. Registrations should be sent to the Waupaca County UWEX Office, 811 Hardin Street, Waupaca, WI 54981. For more information, or for special any specials needs or accommodations, please call 715-258-6231. The registration deadline is Friday, April 26.