For virtual events in Waupaca County, please see our COVID-19 Community Calendar.
Waupaca County Public Health has the latest announcements and helpful information and links to the CDC and other resources on this page regarding the COVID-19 outbreak.
Waupaca County Extension is closely monitoring the impact COVID-19 is having on our community and our Extension programming. We are following the guidance from UW-Madison and our Waupaca County partner and adjusting our procedures for events and staffing as needed. Many of our larger programs and events occurring between now and June 30 will be canceled or postponed and similarly, many volunteer and club activities will likely be postponed or canceled. Please check our website often for the latest on program cancellations or call the office at (715) 258-6230.
Extension and Program Specific Resources
4-H & Youth
Agriculture & Horticulture
Resources for Nonprofits
Health, Families & Finances
General COVID-19 guidance:
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content and have it available for all participants.
- Cough or sneeze into your sleeve/elbow.
- Avoid direct contact such as shaking hands, embracing individuals, or putting yourself or others in close contact with one another.
- Between events be sure to use Clorox wipes or something similar to wipe down furniture, doorknobs, tables, chairs, and any other spaces that may retain the COVID-19 virus.
- Provide significant spacing (at least 6 feet) between participants and presenters – if you have lines of individuals consider putting tape on the floor to delineate individual spaces.
For more information on Waupaca County’s COVID-19 response visit: https://www.co.waupaca.wi.us/departments/health_and_human_services/covid-19.php
And for UW-Madison Division of Extension visit: https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/news/