February/March 4-H Forecast – WELCOME to the more than 66 new 4-H members in Waupaca County 4-H and welcome back to the returning 4-H members! We look forward to a great year of 4-H opportunities and experiences. I encourage everybody, returning members and new members, to ask questions, try new things, set goals for yourself, make new friends, work together, learn, and have fun.
Elections for the 4-H Leaders’ Board will be held at the March Association meeting. If any leaders are interested in learning more about this rewarding experience have them contact a current board member or the UW-Extension Office. The positions the board is looking to fill are Vice President, District Representatives (one from each District each year), and two Youth Representatives.
Top 10 Reasons to be a part of the 4-H Leaders’ Board
- Learn about other 4-H clubs in the county and how they work.
- Work closely with other leaders who are committed to making the Waupaca County 4-H Program the best it can be.
- There is food and a $10.00 drawing at each meeting (to help reimburse travel)!!
- You meet a lot of fantastic people and develop life-long friendships.
- You learn and/or practice the proper way to run a meeting following Robert’s Rules of Order.
- You have the opportunity to help shape our 4-H program.
- You meet some pretty impressive youth (who may someday be your boss) and learn about things they have participated in and value about 4-H.
- Get the scoop on the latest 4-H opportunities and news.
- Ensure funds are budgeted for items most important to the membership.
- We NEED you to fill some vacancies on the Board!!
Thank you for considering this important role in our 4-H Program!
Penny Tank, 4-H Program Coordinator